Moneytree Wealth Management
Image for Buildings and Contents

Buildings and Contents

Your home is probably your biggest investment, so you want to make sure you’re not out of pocket if anything happens to it. Buildings and contents insurance protect both the physical structure of your home and items of value inside it.

Building insurance covers:

  • Roofs, walls and floors
  • Kitchens
  • Bathrooms
  • Fences and sheds
  • Outside pipes, cables and drains
  • The cost to completely rebuild your home

Things you’re covered against include fire and smoke damage; flood and storm damage; fallen trees and lamp posts; vandalism; subsidence, and vehicle collisions.

Contents insurance covers:

  • Furniture
  • Carpets and flooring
  • Electronic goods
  • White goods
  • Clothing

Most policies will cover items if they’re damaged, destroyed or stolen. You can get insured against accidental damage as an added extra, although some providers might offer a small amount as standard. You can also cover individual or expensive items, like bicycles, jewellery and mobile phones, with your contents insurance, although these might push your premiums or excess up.

Policies can be bought separately or wrapped up together with the same provider, which usually means you’ll pay less.

If you’d like to talk to us about buildings and content insurance, please get in touch. We’d like to talk to you if you’ve already got a policy in place as we might be able to beat your renewal price.

Just use the pop-up form on the right of this page, call us on 01244 47010  or send an email to: .

Tom Lenton

Need some help?

Talk to our experts today

How we use your data